After a long day’s work, you finally get the time out to look at yourself in the mirror and for a moment, you get frightened by your own self. Yes, that’s exactly how under eye pigmentation and puffiness make each one of us look like – just like zombies.
That’s when a question arises in our minds. “How to get rid of dark circles?”
We all know that overcast beneath the eyes is brought about by lack of sleep and tension. There are lot more causes out there for dark circles.For instance, introduction to allergens can likewise make dark circles show up. The reason being that, when our body comes in contact with something we are allergic to, there’s an inflammatory response which includes puffiness even near the eyes.
Another reason could be genetics. Genes have an influential role in everything .If you have stubborn under eye overcast since childhood, then surely genetics is a reason involved in your case. Don’t conclude already that it’s impossible for you to get rid of dark circles. Life may not be perfect, yet there’s always room for improvement.
Okay so after highlighting the two lesser-known causes under-eye pigmentation, let’s delve into our main question of the day – How to prevent dark circles?
Cool it down!
Place a refrigerated gel mask (or ice wrapped in a cloth) under the eyes and just focus on relaxing for those heavenly 15-20 minutes. Particulary if your eyes are really tired, the feeling will leave you numb as the weight over your eyes vanishes. This is all because cold compress reduces puffiness and constricts swelled up blood vessels.
Try out natural Home remedies
- Cucumber – Cucumbers have a similar cooling impact as your cold ice pack. Freeze it for several minutes and cut place it over your eyes. Alternatively, you could also grind the cucumber, soak a soft cloth in the fluid, refrigerate it and keep it over the eyes. For faster result, you can make ice cubes out of the grated cucumber. Double the effect!!
- Tomatoes – Lycopene present in tomatoes will lessen dark pigmentation. Same method to be followed as for cucumber.
- Potato- Grind a potato and soak a cloth in potato fluid. It is not just a strong weapon against dark circles but is a total package for several skin problems from dark spots, acne and signs of ageing.
- Teabags – Dip a few tea bags in water, keep them in the fridge for half an hour and then you are ready to go!
Restore with oils
Essential oils each have healing properties. While using them to get rid of under-eye overcast, be aware that it will take at least 2 to 4 weeks of regular application to show visible results, as any new routine would take. Apply them before going to bed and wash off the next morning.
- Vitamin E Oil- It is perfect to rejuvenate the skin and make it super moisturized and supple. It also fights under-eye colouration along with side wrinkles! It is hands down, the best essential oil to opt for under eye overcast.
- Almond Oil- It is an organic and direct source of Vitamin E. It makes a suitable replacement for Vitamin E.
- Coconut oil- It can be used if you do not have vitamin E oil. Being an anti-inflammatory substance, it’s perfectly suited for this job, plus it’s cheaper!
Sleep, exercise and meditation
- No doubt lack of sleep and stress play a major role in formation overcast under the eyes. I know sleep and stress are very difficult for everyone to manage. Some days when we have to wreak havoc on our precious sleep routine for worldly commitments and stress comes as a free gift with sleep deprivation. Yet, we need to make up our mind, get our priorities straight (and health must be in the top three) and again as I said earlier, keep improving.
- Exercise and meditation both are strong enemies against stress and therefore enemies of dark circles too. Exercise releases endorphins while meditation calms your mind to bring more clarity. Thus, try giving them some space in your weekly lifestyle and add on all personalized activities which help you de-stress.
Drink more water and reduce salt
Pretty self-explanatory right? The puffiness near our eyes is due to water retention or due to the build-up of water in cells. If the body is given a proper supply of water, water retention is less likely. On the other hand, sodium present in salt will lead to more water retention so ensure the salt is consumed within the limit.
Try tapping massage
Heard it for the first time? Don’t worry, It’s pretty simple. Tapping massage includes gently tapping in a circular direction around our eyes and massaging our temples as an accompaniment. Pressing appropriate acupressure points will help improve the flow of blood under the skin of eyes. It will make your under eyes skin thicker and reducing swelling.
Now you know, how to get rid of under-eye pigmentation and hopefully, some remedy will surely suit you. If not, makeup is always available to your rescue. Concealer, primer, foundation and colour correctors will surely make the pigmentation disappear. First, try to do it the natural way. If still you are concerned with them and need a long-time solution, then laser surgery, chemical peels, etc are available too. Consult with your doctor before going forward with them.
Let us know in the comment below, what are the ways that you try to get rid of dark circles. Prettylittlestuffs presents to you the curated information on makeup, skincare, health and lifestyle. Keep visiting Prettylittlestuffs for more!